The Redeemer is always looking for willing and flexible volunteers, both for activities around the parish and also beyond our walls.
Such volunteer activities include: setting up for coffee hour before service, leaving the service after Communion to set out snacks and drinks, replenish foodstuffs as needed, and clean up afterwards
- Volunteer to help at Coffee Hour.office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org ( Contact Parish Administrator Laine Walters Young) to find out which Sundays are available.
- Volunteer at the Christmas Market, or to serve the Auction Dinner. Involves a couple-hour shift on the first Friday or Saturday of December. All proceeds of the Market are the sole funds for the Redeemer’s annual outreach budget. Contact Pam at bawtrey [at] aol [dot] com
- Join a choir! For the Parish or Chamber Choirs, involves an audition with mmurray [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Organist and Choirmaster Michael Murray). For the Children's Choir, show up at the Old Parish House for a rehearsal, Sundays at 9:10 am.
- Take pictures at Redeemer events. office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Contact )office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Parish Administrator Laine Walters Young) to share your pictures with the parish.
Behind the Scenes Help
- Help in the office with special mailings, such as Easter and Christmas Offerings, Stewardship campaign, etc. Involves running the folding machine, stuffing, stamping, sealing.
office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Contact Parish Administrator Laine Walters Young).
- Provide elder-accessibility feedback to the fellowship and eldercare committees. Involves feedback on certain topics throughout the year, and on an as-needed basis.fellowship [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (
Contact Eldercare Committee member Karla Todd).
- Help out with an Outreach activity at St. Stephen’s. Includes (in past years) coordinating the Christmas book drive, staff Christmas baskets for Epiphany Middle School, or helping out at the annual St. Stephen’s after-school Christmas party.
outreach [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Contact Mission and Outreach CoChairs Chris Wilmdering and Spencer Merz.
- Offer to give the elderly a ride. Involves having your name put on a contact list in the office for those who can offer rides to church Sunday mornings, or other church events.
Contact Laine at office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org
- Join Inreach. Involves offering to bring food, pay visits, etc. to those in the parish in need of care due to illness, immobility, new children, etc. angrandin [at] aol [dot] com (Contact Anne).
- Join a domestic or international mission trip at the Redeemer, or volunteer independently. Involves about 10 days of medium-intensity labor, including painting, mowing, animal care, planting, well-digging, teaching, etc., depending on the location. Volunteers must pay for their own expenses, which are determined jointly ahead of the trip.
Contact Curate Margery Kennelly at mkennelly [at] comcast [dot] net.
- Plan and coordinate a Fellowship activity. Involves contacting and working with the Fellowship Committee on an idea, including publicity, materials purchasing, working with facilities management, being in attendance. The fellowship committee is actively seeking volunteers and ideas of any stripe.
Contact Mary at fellowship [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org
- Join the Sunday School Committee. Involves attending a monthly meeting on a Wednesday morning. No experience necessary.
Contact Sarah Allen at scaa59 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Become a Service Assistant. Involves participating in the service as an acolyte, server, usher, lector, or Lay Eucharistic Minister, about once a month on a pre-determined schedule.
Contact Suzy Westcott at swestcott [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org
- Volunteer directly with one of our outreach partners. Involves contacting our outreach partners and volunteering as you are able. We often have teens as Counselors at the St. Stephen’s B-SAFE summer program, or volunteer dinner coordinators at Epiphany Middle School.
Contact office [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Laine in the office) if you’d like to know a parishioner who is serving at a particular organization, otherwise, contact the organizations directly.
- Shepherd the flock as a Stewardship Shepherd. Involves meeting or contacting a dozen or so parishioners regarding their plans to pledge to the Redeemer for the upcoming year.
Contact Chuck at stewardship [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org
- Join the Grounds, Buildings, or Investment Committee. Involves monthly behind-the-scenes meetings to keep the parish functioning operationally. May involve leadership on special projects.
Contact ematos [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Elton Matos) for Buildings and Grounds, and investment [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org (Glenn) for the Investment Committee.
- The Church Service League, which plans and coordinates the Christmas Market, hosts the Advent and Lenten Series’ dinners, and hosts the annual fall BBQ.
Contact Amy at aweed01 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- The Outreach Committee, which oversees the annual administration of the Outreach Financial grants, and coordinates and leads special events with St. Stephen’s or Epiphany Middle School several times a year.
Contact Outreach at outreach [at] redeemerchestnuthill [dot] org